The organization known as Louisiana Association of Housing Officers (LAHO) is a membership of professionals who are dedicated to the education, professional development, and promotion of housing and residential life services at private and public institutions of higher education and learning in Louisiana.
- The best practices and services as outlined in the ACUHO-I standards of practice
- Inclusion and equal opportunity for involvement of all professionals who support the promotion and advancement of housing and residential life programs, regardless of race, creed, gender, sexual orientation, political affiliation, religions/spiritual practices, etc;
- Serving as an organizational liaison between the state membership and other state, regional, and national organizations;
- Providing diverse and affordable professional development opportunities for the organizational membership;
- Providing educational and developmental opportunities to the student employees within housing and residential life programs across the state;
- Promoting the research and publication of new information, theories, practices, and services for housing and related programs;
- Continuing the growth of the organization through the use of new and advance technological methods so to provide efficient service to the membership.