Greetings Housing Colleagues!
Join the Louisiana Association of Housing Officers in celebrating excellence in Housing and Residence Life in your department. Nominate staff at your institution for awards in theLAHO Spring Showcase!Nominations will close Monday, March 6, 2017.
Submissions will be reviewed by the LAHO Executive Board for the award categories below.
- Resident Assistant of the Year:Has served as a RA/ CA for 1 academic year, currently has a 2.5 GPA or better, and excels in one or more of the following:Academic Achievements,Community Building,Programming,Leadership Development, orStaff Involvement.
- Rising Star of the Year:Has served as a RA/ CA for less than 1 academic year, currently has a 2.5 GPA or better, and excels in one or more of the following:Academic Achievements,Community Building,Programming,Leadership Development, orStaff Involvement.
- Young Professional of the Year:Has served in Housing/Residence Life for 3 years or less and has demonstrated exemplary commitment to students and the profession.
- LAHO Distinguished Service:Has served a minimum of 10 years of service in Higher Education or a related field and has at least 5 years in Housing/Residence Life. Currently serving in a mid to upper level management position and has demonstrated exemplary commitment to students and the profession.
- AlwaysHallways:An individual outside of Housing/Residence Life who demonstrates exceptional support of the mission of Housing/Residence Life.
- Graduate Assistant of the Year:This award gives special recognition to an individual who, through dedicated service to their institution, has shown dedication to the profession and the students that they serve. The nominee shall have served as a Graduate Assistant for at least one academic year,currently has a 3.0 GPA or better, and excels in one or more of the following:Academic Achievements,Community Building,Programming,Leadership Development, orStaff and Student Involvement
Thank you for your commitment to Louisiana's higher education students, our fellow Housing and Residence Life Professionals and recognizing outstanding achievements.
The organization known as Louisiana Association of Housing Officers (LAHO) is a membership of professionals who are dedicated to the education, professional development, and promotion of housing and residential life services at private and public institutions of higher education and learning in Louisiana.
- The best practices and services as outlined in the ACUHO-I standards of practice
- Inclusion and equal opportunity for involvement of all professionals who support the promotion and advancement of housing and residential life programs, regardless of race, creed, gender, sexual orientation, political affiliation, religions/spiritual practices, etc;
- Serving as an organizational liaison between the state membership and other state, regional, and national organizations;
- Providing diverse and affordable professional development opportunities for the organizational membership;
- Providing educational and developmental opportunities to the student employees within housing and residential life programs across the state;
- Promoting the research and publication of new information, theories, practices, and services for housing and related programs;
- Continuing the growth of the organization through the use of new and advance technological methods so to provide efficient service to the membership.